Philip Corne is a Non-executive Director at Louis Vuitton Australia.
Prior to that, Philip was an Executive Chairman of L Catterton Asia (LVMH) in Australia.
Philip commenced his career with Louis Vuitton in 1988 as Financial Controller for the Australian operation. In 1992, he was appointed Finance Director for Louis Vuitton Australia and New Zealand.
In 1998, Philip transferred to New York as Vice President Finance – Louis Vuitton Americas, responsible for the financial management of the Louis Vuitton business in North and South America.
In 1999 he was promoted to Senior Vice President – Louis Vuitton Americas, then in August 2000, assumed the role of Senior Vice President and CFO for the LVMH Fashion Group Americas. He was responsible for Finance, Information Technology and Logistics for the eleven brands operated by the LVMH Fashion Group in the Americas.
In 2003, Philip was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Louis Vuitton Oceania. In this role, he has responsibility for Louis Vuitton’s Australian and New Zealand operations which comprises a network of 13 boutiques and an e-Commerce store.
In August of 2006, Philip was seconded to New York for five months as Acting Chief Executive Officer of Louis Vuitton North America.
Before joining Louis Vuitton, Philip worked with KPMG from 1979 to 1988, first as a Senior Auditor and then moving to Senior Manager in the Private Business Service Division.
Philip’s Professional Qualifications and Accreditations include:
- University of Sydney – Bachelor of Economics
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Australia Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the International CEO Forum
- European Australian Business Council – Corporate Council Member
- Member of the City of Sydney’s Retail Advisory Committee
- Winner of the Australian National Retailers Association, Retailer of the Year Award 2007
- Non-Executive Chairman – The Cure Cancer Australia Foundation
- Non-Executive Director – 2XU Pty Ltd
- Non-Executive Director – Seafolly Holdings Pty Ltd