Building on the success of PITCHFEST ’17, the event has been expanded this year to include 2 state based qualification rounds, to broaden the reach and offer greater opportunity for startups to showcase their talent.
Sydney – hosted by UTS and
Melbourne – hosted by the Victoria State Government.
Applications are now open for The Retail Week Pitch Fest series
We are seeking out the best startups targeting Retail, FMCG, ecommerce or Franchising.
If you are a tech startup (software or hardware) or a startup offering innovative solutions in the retail, FMCG, ecommerce or franchise space – you can now apply to showcase your startup @ the Retail Week Pitch Fest Series.
Application close – 17.01.2018
QUALIFICATION ROUND (Sydney & Melbourne) – 01.02.2018
Finalists announced – 03.02.2018
Final PITCH FEST (Melbourne) – 02.03.2018
BRAND AWARENESS + EXPOSURE
Qualifiers will pitch in front of a live audience in Sydney or Melbourne. Guests comprise of influential leaders from the startup, investment and retail ecosystems.
Winners of each qualifying round + wild cards will pitch in front of a live audience at Inside Retail Live – the largest gathering of senior executives from the retail sector as well as leading local and international investors, entrepreneurs and innovators in the retail, FMCG, ecommerce and franchise space.
Obtain valuable feedback from leading industry experts.
Network with the largest gathering of senior decision makers in retail – IRL is expecting 600+ c-suite executives + 3,500+ delegates.
PRIZES – applicable to all finalists
2x1m Stand at Inside Retail Live valued at $2,500.
2 complimentary passes to IRL- Festival of Retail Ideas.
Dates: 28.02.2018 – 2.03.2018
1 hour mentoring session with the judges.
WHO CAN APPLY?
– Tech startups (software or hardware) or a startup offering innovative solutions in the retail, FMCG or franchise space.
– Company at early revenue stage – (total cash funding received to date <$3M AUD) – Current gross revenue >$20k AUD on an annual run rate basis
– Company has been in operation for no more than 5 years
– Company has a dedicated team
– Companies may be HQ anywhere in the world*
– Finalists will have to attend the final day @ IRL in Melbourne (02/03/2018).
– Qualifying companies will have to attend qualifying rounds Sydney or Melbourne on 01/02//2018*
* Companies that are based o/s or other states will be able to present via Skype if they are to be successful.
Sydney: UTS, Business School – 14 Ultimo Road; room 005, level 3, building 8. Melbourne: Investment Centre of Victoria at Level 46, 55 Collins Street, Melbourne.